for 6 rosemary rolls
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 packet active dry yeast
- 125ml luke warm water
- 125g whole wheat flour
- 75g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
for 6 quinoa burgers
- 100ml water (I always preheat mine in the water boiler)
- 85g quinoa, uncooked
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 can (400g) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 75g dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g fries
- some lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 10 radishes
- mayonaise or ketchup
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and rosemary; let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the yeast into the luke warm water, stir and set aside for 5 minutes (until it forms some bubbles)
- Sift the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt into a bowl. Add the yeast mixture and stir with a spoon until the dough forms a ball.
- Add the olive oil and rosemary and stir some more.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead for about 10 minutes
- Shape the dough into a ball, and put it back into the bowl.
- Cover up with a towel and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour (I always preheat my microwave for a minute and then put my bowl in there)
- Knead again for about 5 minutes
- Divide the dough into 6 rolls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover the baking sheet with a towel and put aside again for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes, until golden and hollow sounding when tapped
- Let them cool down on a wire rack.
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil
- Add the quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed (around 15 minutes). Set aside
- Blend the carrot with a mixer until finely chopped
- Add the cooked quinoa, scallions, garlic, beans, egg, cumin, salt, pepper and 25g of the breadcrumbs
- Mix until combined but still slightly chunky
- Divide the mixture into four patties
- Turn the patties through the rest of the breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet. Bake the burgers until browned, about 5 minutes per side
- Preheat the deep fryer and cook the fries according to the instructions on the package
- Cut open 4 rolls. Place a pattie on each roll, and garnish with a leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato.
- Serve with the fries, a side salad and mayonaise or ketchup
– Rosemary Rolls: adapted from Recipe Girl
– Quinoa burgers: adapted from Can You Stay For Dinner